Entry and rules
The 2021 race will be on Sunday 12th September.
Because of Covid we've changed some aspects of the event. We realise that these changes may detract from the overall event experience, but we feel obliged to follow all the relevant current guidelines and to do our best to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Some arrangements are not yet finalised, but please assume the following will apply:
- The race route and legs will be the same as 2019, and Leg 2 will be run by single runners, meaning a team will require only four runners.
- A mixed team must include at least 2 female runners.
- Race start will be 1000 hrs, and mass starts are planned for Legs 3 and 4
- Race numbers and punch cards should be collected at registration from 0830 on the day.
- There will be loads of kudos for all runners but no prizes and therefore no prizegiving.
- This year there will be no post-race barbeque. We may be able to provide post-race hot drinks and snacks but that’s not yet confirmed.
- In line with general Covid guidance, we’re sorry but we won’t be encouraging runners to hang around and mingle afterwards.
- Toilets and (basic) showers are available in the pavilion at Laggan Park, as in previous years.
- The road up Glen Lednock is a single track cul-de-sac and to minimise the disruption to residents and other visitors we need you to take as few cars up the glen as possible. We ask participants to car-share as much as possible, in line with Transport Scotland guidelines https://www.transport.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/advice-on-how-to-travel-safely/#section-63888.
- Entry costs £40 per team of 4 runners, all proceeds going to support research into pancreatic cancer.
- Entry will be limited to 35 teams.
- Entry is online through EntryCentral
- Entries close on Wednesday 8th September or when the race is full
- Race information, rules and safety instructions are here
Before entering, please note the following:
Terms and Conditions of entry
- To enter the race, runners must be a. Eligible to compete under SAL rules and willing to abide by those rules. b. Aged 18 years or over on the day of the race. c. Physically fit to run the course.
- All runners participate entirely at their own risk. The race organisers (Strathearn Harriers) and their associates shall not be liable for any accident, injury, loss or damage arising as a consequence of any runner’s participation in the race.
- All runners should be aware of and comply with the race rules and safety instructions.
- Runners may enter representing their second claim club.
- By entering the race, runners authorise Strathearn Harriers to use for promotional purposes pictures of the runner(s) taking part in the race or prize-giving.
- Entries are not transferable between teams, but if necessary changes can be made to the individual runners within the team. This can be done using the Entry Central online system if you entered using an Entry Central account, otherwise by emailing the organiser or on the day.
- Entries may not be deferred to a subsequent year
- Customers have the right to cancel and receive a refund for any entry made over the Internet as long as that is done within 14 days of the original entry date.
- No other refunds will be made except in the event of the organisers deciding to cancel the race.
The reason we need to process entrants' personal data is to organise and administer the Event, and we will only use your personal data for those purposes.
By entering the race, you agree that we may publish your Personal Information as part of the results of the Event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, licences or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times and age category.
If in the process of entering the race you separately give consent for Strathearn Harriers to send you information by email about other events that Strathearn Harriers may organise in the future, we will only use that consent for the purpose for which it was given, and you may at any time change or withdraw that consent by contacting us by email.
21st June 2018